Snogging the goggle box.

3.06.2006

Oscars

Just briefly:

Did you realize Felicity Huffman was married to William H. Macy? It makes me respect her so much more.

Go Jen Lindley! (Also go Audrey, as apparently the two bad girls of Dawson's Creek are still best-enough buds for the lamer of the two to get invited to the Oscars.) Michelle Williams looked amazing even though the ruffles were a tad too big. At least they weren't as big as Charlize Theron's ugly bow. How did Charlize become a legit actress anyway? She was in Sweet November.

I didn't see Crash, but I guess I have to now. Related, I'm sure he was good and all, but I feel like the Oscars dodged a bullet when Matt Dillon didn't win the Best Supporting Actor award. That's like giving Titanic the Best Pictu... Oh. Right. (On a serious note, I love Titanic. It's so fabulously bad. Watch it in a dark room while drinking cheap booze.)

The Oscars pre-shows were so bad. The best part about the pre-show was when Roger Ebert did a big no-no and introduced his question to the producer of Good Night and Good Luck with "Now, you're one of the producers of Crash."

Whoopsies!!! He covered it up with "This isn't my day job" which would have been a clever way for him to get past the whole awkward moment except for one problem - it IS his day job, because he reviews MOVIES and should know who the PRODUCERS of said movies are. The wife of the Good Night and Good Luck producer looked pissed except it might have been because she knew her husband's movie didn't have a shot in hell of winning. The best part was that when Ebert was on The Daily Show like two days before, he was all confident about how he was "behind the scenes" in the "press room" and I believe he also made fun of Jon about how he the latter was going to screw up. Again, as Hugh Grant says in the classic Notting Hill, Whoopsy-daisy!

Speaking of Jon, I thought he did quite a nice job although I only watched the opening monologue (short and sweet), the first 20 minutes and the last hour. I love Jon Stewart though so I really am quite biased. But seriously, he took his sardonic political self up there and did passably. And he did a fair imitation of the interpretive dance from the "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" performance. Fine by me.

This will be my last comment, but I think it's merited. I just love George Clooney. When he was Dr. Ross, I thought he was boring and overrated. He was kind of ballsy without being able to back it up. But the REAL George is ballsy and articulate and funny, and seems to care very little about his clothes while still looking great. Is he single? Who is going to tie him down?! I would say where is the Angelina to his Brad, except that I kind of want George to stay feral. We need some classic single mens in Hollywood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home