Snogging the goggle box.

3.20.2006

Apprentice Rule #1

This is actually from last week but I'm going to be watching this week's show late, so bear with me.

Rule #1: Reasons
Confession: I have a Donald Trump doll. He says 19 different things. Sadly his hand and shoe fell off so he looks sort of forlorn, and his hair is far too solid compared to the real thing. However, I often find myself quoting the doll's phrases while watching The Apprentice, because the Trump is a remarkably consistent guy. You can trust that certain things will push his buttons - this is why people who are basically safe in the boardroom who start talking and jabbering pointlessly tend to get fired - Trump has respect for people who know when to keep their mouth shut. Thanks to his consistency, you can use his "rules" at the beginning to predict the reasons for the win or lose and possibly for the firing choice. This is somewhat obvious and it's why some people actually take those rules and the rest of the business-savviness from the show seriously. I on the other hand, really only care what the Donald is going to do this time and why. He's much more intriguing of a character than all the actual contestants on the show. Although his rules are pretty well spelled out (white titles on black backgrounds and then a gratuitous shot of Trump doing business his way), it's still a guessing game because you have to figure out how the rules are going to apply that week. It usually falls positively (one team followed his rule) or negatively (one team didn't follow it) or sometimes a little bit of both. This past week it was a positive one. When skeet shooting (and come on, who thought this was a good idea) failed, Angela and Team Synergy came through with the golf cart races. Therefore they won. The other team was just a disaster all along and I'm not sure if a Plan B would have helped them.

Ah well. Rehashing last week's episode in my head is getting me all sad that I can't watch tonight's. Moving to Mondays was not cool for me (even though my Thursday night Tivo is totally booked), since I have to wait the whole freaking week to get to see the episode. I hope Yahoo! news doesn't screw it up for me as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home