Snogging the goggle box.

3.20.2006

UPDATE on the Next Food Network Star

So I admit I started watching this a bit late so my judgment may be skewed, but I have to say I see no formula at all. They dragged Morimoto out last minute to watch people's knife skills, and they didn't show all the contestants' performance on all of the tasks. There's no way for me to judge any of them since I can't compare them directly, and there doesn't seem to be a cohesive point to the episode. I feel like they should structure it so they have different challenges each week a la Project Runway or, I don't know, any self-respecting reality show. This is more disorganized than The Apprentice Martha Stewart.

Other notes - since when do chefs call chef's jackets "whites" - we are not surgeons here. Also, this Reggie character reminds me of American Idol's Bobby... he clearly won't last long.

AND to top it off, who doesn't eliminate someone on a reality TV show? I have no further comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home