Snogging the goggle box.

3.19.2006

The Next EVOO?

I was considering watching The Next Food Network Star (which starts today at 9pm), but now I'll definitely be checking in. Turns out a Stanford grad is one of the contestants. The Stanford Daily posted an article this week about Jess Dang, class of 2004 and youngest contestant on The Next Food Network Star. Although in her audition tape (which can be watched at the show's video gallery) she says that she got her start watching her mom cook when she was a kid, the Daily tells the story of how Stanford experiences (namely living in Kairo co-op her senior year) influenced her passion for cooking. Go Card, and all that...

What's funny about the audition video is that although her nervousness shines through (she reminds me of me giving a speech I haven't prepared well - lots of hand motions), she still has the "quirky" way of presenting her information and tasting her food (lots of "Mmmm" sounds) that all the Food Network chefs. And by quirky I mean annoying. Maybe some people are born to be Rachael Ray clones.

For more info, check out the show's homepage and Jess' blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home